Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rearend for a Model A
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 08:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post rearend for a Model A

I am in the process (does that ever end?) of building a 30 Coupe street rod. I have a 350 Chev. to go in it (quadrajet, street cam, etc.).
I sort of plan a driver with attitude rather than an all out racer. I haven't settled on a rearend yet. My son dragged home a 85 mustang rear, but I think it is too wide and too weak (7.5"). I have a posi rearend out of a Toyota pickup lying around and an told it will stand a 350, but I just can't bring myself to stick it under an all steel Ford.

Granada rears will fit, but are hard to find around here, esp. the V8 (9"). I think I can pick up an S10 (4cyl) rearend cheap (prolly free). What do you guys think of this one? And before you tell me to go to currie's and have a 9" built, let me explain - I AM MARRIED! Do I need to say more? She already wonders when this is going to end, so explaining about the 3 grand for a really neat rearend would be done in court. I hate lawyers, so I need a cheap, reliable rearend that I can stomp occasionally, but not beat the ***** out of.

Thanks all!