Hot Rod Forum banner

rebuild 1995 lt1 350

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gt2betubbed 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a couple of questions i hope someone can help me with.

1)What are the factory cam shaft sizes (degree to degree)

2)would a 220 degree to 230 degree @ .050 lift give me a noticable lope in exhaust.

3) I would like to spend at least 600.00 on a good set of pistons, my heads are stock lt1 58 cc heads, pistons that are designed for small nos and super charger applications. would like less than 10.0 compression.

thank you for you help
mike

#2 ·
Ambro, I don't know the stock specs of your cam, sorry. But I do know that the 220-230 will give a noticable lope on idle. My bro has a comp 292 in his 350, and it has a pretty nice rumble. As for your pistons, you say you want a blower or nitrous set, but with 10.5 to 1 comp. If you get a true blower or nitous set, they should be in the 7-8 to 1 range. You don't want to run 10-1 pistons with a blower unless you are planning on running some race gas, which isn't cheap on a daily driven car. Speed pro pistons are fairly inexpsive, at least well within your price range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.