Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rebuild or junk Quadrajet?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 10:21 PM

Last journal entry: Old guy's low cost Chev coup.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thank you for the comeback on that. Have ground out the manifold and made some 'shims' (angled seats)out of half inch hex nuts. haven't tried them yet and they're just rough-cut for an idea..just spearmenting now. Also, that Q-jet does have new throttle bushings in it so am going to see what the one got coming (maybe tomorrow) has for linkages and stuff. The book say that maybe some parts not interchangeable, so will have to get the magnifying glass out for real close look. Once I figure out what the linkages are supposed to do, can make reasonable replacements. Just waiting now for the other carb to come in the mail. Will see if can fit that manifold in the meanwhile and these shims don't work, think of something else. Thanks also for the links to the manufacturers of the spacers. Thought somebody would see the problem and make the fix, just didn't know where to look. Like said before, just don't want to invest lot of time is something that is just eventually going to end up in my scrap metal barrel. Things are looking much better, now that I see that there are respectable sources for both the information and the parts. Thanks for all the help