Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rebuild or junk Quadrajet?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:11 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by against all odds View Post
P.S. Concerning the Rebuild vs. junk. You might try contacting edlebrock---they should/might still have unsold Performer RPM (basically the q-jet replica after they took over manufacturing rights) available. i don't think they advertise this anymore. But they did recently.

i did not want to reveal that last fact, but it appears that it's unlikely that my planets will align to make getting one a reality for me. So i though i would spill the beans.

Incidentally, i wonder why edlebrock discontinued this wonderful carburetor?
Most likely because I NEVER SAW ONE FOR UNDER 450.00.. Dang!! So ya buy the rights (with fuel injection market exploding) price them beyond reach of most gearheads, and expect to make a killing by outsourcing to Mexico (basically down the street-coast) ... And now they will probably NEVER be in production again. Way to go Vic!

Did you ever talk to Cliff? Really nice guy. Talked with me for over 25min just shooting the crap about carb/engine combo's and what to look out for as in years and linkages.

He might even have a good 'builder' on a shelf.
Heck, what are you actually looking for in a carb? I might even have ***..

E

Last edited by 68NovaSS; 09-23-2012 at 08:39 AM.