Hot Rod Forum banner

rebuilding my first holley 3310

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  engineczar 
#1 ·
Hello, I'll be rebuilding my holley 3310 (750 vac 2nd) carb. that I got from a friend.. it was in runnable shape when I got it.. clean and in a holley carb travel case..
I have the complete tear down rebuild kit. figured do it once all the way down..
this part shouldn't be all that hard.. other than installing the choke kit

my question is tuning.. as I'm sure the jets/ramps/etc was changed as it was on a not stock ,engine.. before I got it..

it's going on my 71 c-10 350 with a edle performer intake under it.
the 350 nothing special.. and no idea what it is.. other than a 350.
figuring it's either the 71 engine or a mid 70's early 80's smogger.. thats stock..

where would you start with jet sizes, ramps/cams(or is that just double pumpers?)
the bowls don't look stock.. and this carb has metering blocks on both sides not a metering plate on 2nd side..
thanks for any pointers to get it somewhat close as I rebuild it..

not sure if it's needed.. but the truck is 3950 lb with 3.08 gears 26.5"tires(tall)

See less See more
#3 ·
the rebuild kit is a holley master kit..
it was 99.oo at summit.. it has a few powervalves/etc

this carb was on a very hot bbc in the 80's so , this is why I'm asking where to start with the jets/ect as I'm sure as it it be eye watering pig rich..
but haven't opened the carb up to know what # jets/power valve is in it.

#4 ·
If the bib block hat a hot cam then the power valve should be closer to stock for your application.note jet sizes and go up or down 2 sizes at a time.If you are lucky then the carb may have been modified to have change able air bleeds,note their sizes too if they are remove able. a standard 30 ss pump is all you will likely need and the cam position is adjustable so I wouldnt change it yet. check pump discharge nozzle size while the carb is apart

#5 ·
That carb stock had 72's on the primary side and 76's on the secondaries. An 85 power valve, .025 squirter, and a plain colored spring on the secondary diaphragm.

Personally I get all kinds of carbs in the shop that the owner say runs like crap. Most times putting it back to stock straightens them out. Unless it's had the air bleeds and/or the metering blocks messed with I find that stock to maybe 1 or 2 jets higher gets you pretty close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.