Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rebuilding Power Washer Wand
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 07:13 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rebuilding Power Washer Wand

I have an Excel Pressure washer with a 5hp Honda engine on it and a junk oil less pump. I ordered a much better oiled pump with a thermo relief valve so that should take care of the pump issue. The other issue I have with it is water leaks out of the wand handle where the trigger is. I can buy a new wand for $40 but I would rather just fix mine. I took it apart and right away found where the leak was.

There is a brass collar and a brass fitting that goes into the collar. The fitting slides in the collar turning on and off the water. There is an o-ring and a brown looking seal thing (not really sure what it is exactly) that go into the same groove (side by side) on the fitting. Both o-ring and seal thing are very worn on one side. I was thinking of just replacing both with two o-rings. Do you think this will work?

My last question is what should I use to lubricate the seals? I was thinking of using high temp axle grease but wondered if there was something better?

Thanks