Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rebuilt 327 smokes - what to do
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2001, 06:41 PM
Toy builder

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

First off a 327 is no diff than a 350 or a 235 6cyl.If its smokes you have BIG problems.A little blue smoke in the mornin maybe valve seals.Smoke all the time forget it.We run some race motors with NO valve seals (no smoke).Comp tests are just not worth the effort any more ,i can get a motor to read what ever i want with a little gas or some oil.You need to do a leak down test,it shows leakage by the rings(air coming through the breathers or dip stick)a bad intake will leak through the carb,a bad exh valve will leak through the exh system.If its smokin, bite the bullet and pull the motor.Hey a brand new 350 with a 3 year warranty is only 12-13 hundred and you done !!! trouble free. I see most rebuilds more than that.If you want a race motor than i would spend the bucks on a new crate. Its a costly lesson we have all learned at one time or another. Of coarse you you could have Ed build you a killer 417 and all your troubles would be gone There is NO easy fix.Just for info ,i have a brand new 1965 327 365hp vette motor that has been stored in 1966 started it 1 month ago and it runs and burns NO oil.sooooo....i would think something is pretty wrong.zNo bandaids sorryy. Phat