Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rebuilt 700r4 - no reverse
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 07:47 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Trans fluid was a little over filled but I dont see how that will cause me not to have reverse all together.

I checked the number stamped in the case and it is indeed a 91 transmission (according to the haynes manual). Came out of a 91 Astro AWD. I spent a lot of time double checking all the chek ball placments, and everything added up in the end.. with all the check balls in place, I had 2 left over, as B&M said to leave out 2.

Please refresh my memory, where are the boost valves located?
There is one valve on the pump retained by the snap ring, which I had to remove and replace the spring with a B&M piece. I had a hell of a time getting the snap ring to seat properly. Is this the boost valve?

One more thing, I did partially disassemble the pump for cleaning. ONce i had the 2 halves apart I removed whatever i could that wasn't reained with snap rings or clips, is there anything I could have installed backwards? I didn't use a alignment band to put the pump back together, I eyeballed it. The pump installed in the case effortlessly, so it has to be close. Is it critical that the 2 pump halves are aligned perfectly?

Thanks