Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rebuilt 700R4 sat to long?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:24 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rebuilt 700R4 sat to long?

Got a 700R4 3 years ago and had it completely rebuilt. Needed it that time to fab rear crossmember for it, put hole in flooring in the right place for the shifter etc, etc.. Finally last fall, the motor was in so put oil in the trans and started the motor and got it out for a test drive. Parking lot was to small to get it out of first. This spring I drove car to glass shop, and it shifted from first to 2'nd but not 3'rd. Had engine RPM up to 2700 but still no 3'rd. I'm concerned that sitting for so long without oil, one of those little check balls or something else has stuck. Anyone got any ideas on what might be wrong and easiest way to fix it? F.W.I.T. the motor is a ramjet 350, and there in a 36 Buick. The TV cable has been set and checked. I'd ask the guy who rebuilt the trans but he is retired and in another city so I have no way of getting in touch with him. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.