Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rebuilt Chevy 350 break-in issues
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 07:52 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Update: Changed oil & filter, added more Comp Cam additive. Did my valve timing with the method suggested above (threw out polylocks and used oem nuts, #2 cylinder rockers had came loose again).
Confirmed firing order once again. Fired her up, set timing to 32* at 2250-2500 rpms, ran for 25 minutes with no issues! Temp was not an issue, highest i seen was 194* (185* t-stat).

Finally a full break in completed. She sounds real good, real good throttle response. Now I am on the positive side that the engine is ok with no wiped lobes, we will see though.

Thats all i got done, next is to change oil & filter again. Then get the Holley carb fine tuned so she'll idle. Once i get the idle established, I would like to adjust the valves again when running (and to confirm any wiped lobes)

Before that I have to figure out this starter dilema, got the classic grinding with occasional start. With a Delco oem starter and an aftermarket mini. Tried swapping in a variety of shim and still same. End of the week, I'll be looking into that more.

Do you recommend another bottle of comp cams additive with next oil change?