Hot Rod Forum banner

Reclearing?

789 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fisher57 
#1 ·
My truck has a few chips, it is my daily driver and has been neglected some. What I want to do is scuff the whole thing, touch up the chips then lay on 2 more coats of clear. Right now you can feel the little pocks in the clear from time and lack of wax so I know the clear has to be getting thin, I just want to get it back in shape before I have to spend big bucks to repaint it.

Will this work?

#2 ·
daimon hello youve got the right idea but i would wet sand the whole hood w/some 500 grit , featherout any pock marks and try not to cut through the original color (base) and then make sure its good and dry mask it off and lay out your new base color and blend it back into the hood a little ways and then apply your clear and you should be in good shape . this should not use up much material so it wont cost you a ton of money . and it will save ya much more money than if youd let it go good luck . fisher57 :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.