I know that threads re spay gun recommendation have been done to death and after reading dozens of them, I am more undecided than ever.
(1) I am a DIY hobbist - NOT a pro;
(2) Will be shooting three cars at most, spread over a couple of years;
(3) Soliciting recommendations re the best gun (and tip size) FOR the PRICE to shoot SPI UNIVERSAL CLEAR COAT ONLY;
(4) I stress again that THIS GUN AND TIP will be used ONLY be shooting SPI UNIVSRSAL CLEAR COAT;
(5) I am more than willing to pay the price for a GOOD gun, but do not want to "overkill".
(6) I know that the final results are mostly dependent on the guy using the gun, but I also know and believe you guys when you say that using a good paint in a good gun gives better results;
(5) I would also be greatly appreciative of any and all advice/recommendations re air pressure, reduction, flash time, compatibility, etc. based on your actual experience, that you would be willing to add in addition to the EXCELLENT instructions and information that Barry K. already provides in the Tech Sheets and on the outstanding SPI website.
I would appreciate any and all help.