Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Recommended Gun for Shooting SPI Universal Clear???
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldBodyman View Post
"FYI the iwata lph400 are guns that need proper setting and new way of spraying. They take less air and need to be sprayed closer to the panel and at a slower pace. I have one and have mix.feeling for theme I can sometimes get great results and sometimes get really bad results. So practice and practice before you attempt a whole car.

Setting for iwata are 18 to 20 psi Intel, 3 turns showing on the fluid needle 5-6 inches from panels. And medium movement."

The air cap says 16psi inlet = 10 psi for HVLP or LVLP, the gun can handle 300psi, so you can adjust it to fit your personal preference unless you're LEGALLY REQUIRED to use HVLP. Check your local air quality control board first.

Some clears will like the 1.3 tip, some need the 1.4 tip, I have not used any clears that need a 1.5 tip.

It's a great gun, personal favorite for clears, tone it down as low as you can use, it really does save on materials quite a bit. It puts the paint on the panel, not in the filters.

Have fun with it.

I have actually done spotting in of color as well as clear as low as 10-12psig, but seldom have I used over 15-18psig for any paints. It's what works for you and the great thing with this gun. The SPI forum has a lot of info as well.