Hot Rod Forum banner

******* Hillbilly Ride

15K views 50 replies 20 participants last post by  70 ElCam 
#1 ·
My kids tell me an El Camino is a ******* hillbilly ride. What is your opinion?

#27 ·
Here is another link worth reading.

http://www.chevelles.com/elcamino/index.html

I might add a "red neck hillbilly ride" is kinda a double negative.

Seems that it might have been a Idea in 1954 by Cadillac what do "Y'ALL " think about this one?

Cadillac & Hillbilly?

ELVIS!

R :thumbup:

Attachments

#29 ·
I'm a rednecky hillbilly kind of guy, but that would make everything I drive a ******* hillbilly ride , wouldn't it? :D
I like my El Cams . I like Chevrolet 4X4s El Camino too. Da*&, I see another project . I was doing fine not coming to this site for so long, now I see a 4X4 Elky and have to have one. :pain:

#30 ·
dude i'm red neck born and riased and we know what car should be lifted and what car shouldn't and sorry to say it man but you trashed that elco by doing that thats just my oppinion but i do have a 71 dodge dart thats on a 70 dodge trail duster frame dont have a picture but i'm going out to my uncles where i keep it at and i'll get a pic of it then when i get there (i'll make sure its coverd in mud before i take the pic too

#31 ·
jb63vet said:
dude i'm red neck born and riased and we know what car should be lifted and what car shouldn't and sorry to say it man but you trashed that elco by doing that thats just my oppinion but i do have a 71 dodge dart thats on a 70 dodge trail duster frame dont have a picture but i'm going out to my uncles where i keep it at and i'll get a pic of it then when i get there (i'll make sure its coverd in mud before i take the pic too
Ah you'll come around to the dark side! to tell you the truth that was the first thing that came to my mind when I bought my elco last week.

#32 ·
jb63vet said:

Go back and sit in the corner . Don't get on here and tell someone they trashed their ride just because you don't like it , dude. :nono:

#33 ·
Bryan59EC said:
I like 'em----have 2----
the 59 with a 454HO and a Tremec is by no means a "lesbian" car, doubt if it can even be called a girlie truck.

the 66 could fall into the girlie thing tho---as it is my intent to power it with a 307--but the 5-spd should at least step it up to "dork" class :D
I like them too, but have zero. :( I think the 307 idea is pretty neat, isn't it just a 283 (hot performance item back in the day, when Trees and Doc and OldRed were young, lacking expansive knowledge, but having lots of enthusiasm to compensate for it, not unlike us younger folks today), but with a 327 crankshaft? It makes for a long stroke of sorts, especially considering the bore, so it's not much of a screamer, but it should be torquey and responsive considering the displacement. Different is cool.

#35 ·
70 ElCam said:
Go back and sit in the corner . Don't get on here and tell someone they trashed their ride just because you don't like it , dude. :nono:

ok buddy i wasn't saying they trashed there ride i was saying they trash the elcamino car in general ALL OF UM that just makes the el camino name go to hell and yeah your cool lets talk **** over the internet woooh your a big man REAL big man and :nono: :nono: :nono: your damn self

#36 ·
chlsnk said:
Ah you'll come around to the dark side! to tell you the truth that was the first thing that came to my mind when I bought my elco last week.

and boy as far as you go i'm your damn mechanic and i know for a fact you aint lifting that damn car the mg you got go for it but you try and do it to that car and i'll but your lip :boxing: cuz your family c i can do that LOL

#38 ·
red neck

having as many vehicle as you do is *******... how many other motorized pieces of equipment are in the back 40. I had almost that many then the EX called the county zoning and we got rid a lod of good stuff...have to have anything other than farm equipment registered and licensed or get a dealers license.

#39 ·
timothale said:
having as many vehicle as you do is *******... how many other motorized pieces of equipment are in the back 40. I had almost that many then the EX called the county zoning and we got rid a lod of good stuff...have to have anything other than farm equipment registered and licensed or get a dealers license.
My neck is so red it glows in the dark. :D

I see why she is your EX.

So did you fill your place with old farm equipment just to get even? I know a guy that lives in a zoned county, the county made him get rid of his cars and he now has acres of old farm equipment of all sorts. Now the neighbors can't do a thing about his "eyesore" property. :thumbup: Maybe they should have kept their noses out of his business in the first place.

#40 ·
to crash farmer

I Know a guy in Alpine Utah that had 300 cars and about 100 pieces of farm equipment on 30 acres,,, the new million dollar homeowners complained and the city -county came down on him He bought a bunch of pigs and penned them all next to the big homes. the value of the property and the taxes got so high that he finally sold out. I got annexed into the nearest city limits and rezoned to light industrial....My property taxes increased $100 for each acre PER month. I had to build an 8 ft "sight obscuring" fence around the shop , we enclosed 1 acre and It cost me $5000 and a month's work by me and my son that is trying to build hot rod's in the 40 x 120 ft shop. If I leave a wheelbarrow outside the fence I can geta ticket. Last July I married a farm widow and moved to her Farm in Idaho close to yellowstone Park. far enough away to be free so far from the rich city people that are building their dream homes close to the park. Her house got annexed into the city limits and the restricted area is 100 ft from the highway...out back she has 3 trucks, tractor, and various pieces of farm equipment. Her grand father gave 3 acres of river front to the BLM and the fish and game built restrooms and a boat dock. now they want to TAKE AWAY ( NOT BUY ) another 15 acres and build a camp ground. THE GOVERNMENT just wants more of our property. taxes, telling us what to do and think while the crooks in washington continue to scamm us.

#41 ·
jb63vet said:
ok buddy i wasn't saying they trashed there ride i was saying they trash the elcamino car in general ALL OF UM that just makes the el camino name go to hell and yeah your cool lets talk **** over the internet woooh your a big man REAL big man and :nono: :nono: :nono: your damn self
I'm not your buddy , and what you've said means nothing to me . Read this quoted post , I have real problems to worry about , not internet warriors with nothing to say . Heed this mans warning if you're smart.

timothale said:
I Know a guy in Alpine Utah that had 300 cars and about 100 pieces of farm equipment on 30 acres,,, the new million dollar homeowners complained and the city -county came down on him He bought a bunch of pigs and penned them all next to the big homes. the value of the property and the taxes got so high that he finally sold out. I got annexed into the nearest city limits and rezoned to light industrial....My property taxes increased $100 for each acre PER month. I had to build an 8 ft "sight obscuring" fence around the shop , we enclosed 1 acre and It cost me $5000 and a month's work by me and my son that is trying to build hot rod's in the 40 x 120 ft shop. If I leave a wheelbarrow outside the fence I can geta ticket. Last July I married a farm widow and moved to her Farm in Idaho close to yellowstone Park. far enough away to be free so far from the rich city people that are building their dream homes close to the park. Her house got annexed into the city limits and the restricted area is 100 ft from the highway...out back she has 3 trucks, tractor, and various pieces of farm equipment. Her grand father gave 3 acres of river front to the BLM and the fish and game built restrooms and a boat dock. now they want to TAKE AWAY ( NOT BUY ) another 15 acres and build a camp ground. THE GOVERNMENT just wants more of our property. taxes, telling us what to do and think while the crooks in washington continue to scamm us.

#46 · (Edited)

Attachments

#48 ·
A guy around here has a '72 chevy sprint (el camino) lifted, and powered by a 5.9l cummins diesel, with all the 3/4 ton dodge running gear (trans, axles, t-case, ect). Looks alright, and turns heads wherever it goes. They had to lengthen the front end 8" to fit the diesel in.

#49 ·
4 x 4 vette

back in the early 70's my brother bought enough pieces from 3 wrecked corvettes to put together a 57 body and dropped it on a buick powered jeep wagon chassis. I thought he should have restored it but this is America ... we used to have freedom to do our own thing. Restoration guys would get upset when they saw my steel t bucket. I found the 1915 body in 1951 and they were still crushing most old cars then.

#51 ·
Chevrolet4x4s said:
That buick is awesome :thumbup: ...I think that the 4x4 ElCamino is on a K5 Blazer frame IIRC

Shane

K5 chassis , too short . Short bed chassis , just right . :thumbup:

chlsnk said:
Over at el camino centeral they would put the 4x4 elco on the wall of shame. But I like them.

I like em too. eCC can KMA :D . So far I haven't found a '70-'72 eL Cam to put on my 4X4 chassis , but I have found a '69 to do it with. It'll work, but the '70 series looks better up in the air like that. IMHO . :p

Damn, I'm Jonesin bad over a body to do this with. I have 2 K5s to play with, but I want an Elky up in the arh . :pain:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.