Redneck Hillbilly Ride - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 PM
"Love what you do for a living

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb63vet
dude i'm red neck born and riased and we know what car should be lifted and what car shouldn't and sorry to say it man but you trashed that elco by doing that thats just my oppinion but i do have a 71 dodge dart thats on a 70 dodge trail duster frame dont have a picture but i'm going out to my uncles where i keep it at and i'll get a pic of it then when i get there (i'll make sure its coverd in mud before i take the pic too
Ah you'll come around to the dark side! to tell you the truth that was the first thing that came to my mind when I bought my elco last week.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Rebel with a Chevy

Quote:
dude i'm red neck born and riased and we know what car should be lifted and what car shouldn't and sorry to say it man but you trashed that elco by doing that thats just my oppinion but i do have a 71 dodge dart thats on a 70 dodge trail duster frame dont have a picture but i'm going out to my uncles where i keep it at and i'll get a pic of it then when i get there (i'll make sure its coverd in mud before i take the pic too

Go back and sit in the corner . Don't get on here and tell someone they trashed their ride just because you don't like it , dude.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan59EC

I like 'em----have 2----
the 59 with a 454HO and a Tremec is by no means a "lesbian" car, doubt if it can even be called a girlie truck.

the 66 could fall into the girlie thing tho---as it is my intent to power it with a 307--but the 5-spd should at least step it up to "dork" class
I like them too, but have zero. I think the 307 idea is pretty neat, isn't it just a 283 (hot performance item back in the day, when Trees and Doc and OldRed were young, lacking expansive knowledge, but having lots of enthusiasm to compensate for it, not unlike us younger folks today), but with a 327 crankshaft? It makes for a long stroke of sorts, especially considering the bore, so it's not much of a screamer, but it should be torquey and responsive considering the displacement. Different is cool.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:07 PM

Last photo:

Heres my "redneck hillbilly ride." (they are in my gallery my picture was to big to post it)

AND i'm proud of it
Old 09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
If It Feels Good DO IT

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 ElCam
Go back and sit in the corner . Don't get on here and tell someone they trashed their ride just because you don't like it , dude.

ok buddy i wasn't saying they trashed there ride i was saying they trash the elcamino car in general ALL OF UM that just makes the el camino name go to hell and yeah your cool lets talk **** over the internet woooh your a big man REAL big man and your damn self
Old 09-26-2008, 10:19 PM
If It Feels Good DO IT

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlsnk
Ah you'll come around to the dark side! to tell you the truth that was the first thing that came to my mind when I bought my elco last week.

and boy as far as you go i'm your damn mechanic and i know for a fact you aint lifting that damn car the mg you got go for it but you try and do it to that car and i'll but your lip cuz your family c i can do that LOL
Old 09-26-2008, 11:16 PM
America-Home of the $700B Bail

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet4x4s
Thats just scary

Shane

To be honest if I had a camino I'd seriously consider doing the same thing.
I'd be all over the trails in that thing.

Besides, those tires just make it look sexy.

Last edited by Alaskan Assassin; 09-26-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

red neck

having as many vehicle as you do is redneck... how many other motorized pieces of equipment are in the back 40. I had almost that many then the EX called the county zoning and we got rid a lod of good stuff...have to have anything other than farm equipment registered and licensed or get a dealers license.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Freezing in arctic Iowa

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale
having as many vehicle as you do is redneck... how many other motorized pieces of equipment are in the back 40. I had almost that many then the EX called the county zoning and we got rid a lod of good stuff...have to have anything other than farm equipment registered and licensed or get a dealers license.
My neck is so red it glows in the dark.

I see why she is your EX.

So did you fill your place with old farm equipment just to get even? I know a guy that lives in a zoned county, the county made him get rid of his cars and he now has acres of old farm equipment of all sorts. Now the neighbors can't do a thing about his "eyesore" property. Maybe they should have kept their noses out of his business in the first place.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:54 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

to crash farmer

I Know a guy in Alpine Utah that had 300 cars and about 100 pieces of farm equipment on 30 acres,,, the new million dollar homeowners complained and the city -county came down on him He bought a bunch of pigs and penned them all next to the big homes. the value of the property and the taxes got so high that he finally sold out. I got annexed into the nearest city limits and rezoned to light industrial....My property taxes increased $100 for each acre PER month. I had to build an 8 ft "sight obscuring" fence around the shop , we enclosed 1 acre and It cost me $5000 and a month's work by me and my son that is trying to build hot rod's in the 40 x 120 ft shop. If I leave a wheelbarrow outside the fence I can geta ticket. Last July I married a farm widow and moved to her Farm in Idaho close to yellowstone Park. far enough away to be free so far from the rich city people that are building their dream homes close to the park. Her house got annexed into the city limits and the restricted area is 100 ft from the highway...out back she has 3 trucks, tractor, and various pieces of farm equipment. Her grand father gave 3 acres of river front to the BLM and the fish and game built restrooms and a boat dock. now they want to TAKE AWAY ( NOT BUY ) another 15 acres and build a camp ground. THE GOVERNMENT just wants more of our property. taxes, telling us what to do and think while the crooks in washington continue to scamm us.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Rebel with a Chevy

Quote:
ok buddy i wasn't saying they trashed there ride i was saying they trash the elcamino car in general ALL OF UM that just makes the el camino name go to hell and yeah your cool lets talk **** over the internet woooh your a big man REAL big man and your damn self
I'm not your buddy , and what you've said means nothing to me . Read this quoted post , I have real problems to worry about , not internet warriors with nothing to say . Heed this mans warning if you're smart.

[QUOTE=timothale]I Know a guy in Alpine Utah that had 300 cars and about 100 pieces of farm equipment on 30 acres,,, the new million dollar homeowners complained and the city -county came down on him He bought a bunch of pigs and penned them all next to the big homes. the value of the property and the taxes got so high that he finally sold out. I got annexed into the nearest city limits and rezoned to light industrial....My property taxes increased $100 for each acre PER month. I had to build an 8 ft "sight obscuring" fence around the shop , we enclosed 1 acre and It cost me $5000 and a month's work by me and my son that is trying to build hot rod's in the 40 x 120 ft shop. If I leave a wheelbarrow outside the fence I can geta ticket. Last July I married a farm widow and moved to her Farm in Idaho close to yellowstone Park. far enough away to be free so far from the rich city people that are building their dream homes close to the park. Her house got annexed into the city limits and the restricted area is 100 ft from the highway...out back she has 3 trucks, tractor, and various pieces of farm equipment. Her grand father gave 3 acres of river front to the BLM and the fish and game built restrooms and a boat dock. now they want to TAKE AWAY ( NOT BUY ) another 15 acres and build a camp ground. THE GOVERNMENT just wants more of our property. taxes, telling us what to do and think while the crooks in washington continue to scamm us.
[QUOTE]
Old 09-30-2008, 09:04 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

I found another while I was cruising thru my Pix.

This is a real car

Buick GSX CAMINO!

R
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camino_gsx.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	32980  

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 09-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Rob----where do you keep finding these pics?
I have seen some of these before----maybe Team Chevelle??

Might have to have you send me some of these
Old 10-01-2008, 12:06 AM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

That buick is awesome ...I think that the 4x4 ElCamino is on a K5 Blazer frame IIRC

Shane
Old 10-01-2008, 04:14 PM

Last photo:

Over at el camino centeral they would put the 4x4 elco on the wall of shame. But I like them.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.