Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - redoing my brake setup, need advice
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 PM

Last journal entry: dash mods
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

redoing my brake setup, need advice

My garage will soon be unfrozen, guess it's time to get back out there. The brakes on my 38 Chev weren't the best, seemed fine driving but not stopping, won't wheel lock.This is a GM disc/ drum setup. Motor pulls 18hg at idle.
I firewall mounted a 7'' dual diaphram stainless booster, a smooth chrome master cylinder, 1'' bore.The MC has equal size chambers and uses 3/16 line.>> >is this a disc/ disc MC? and useable?. I had used a GM combination valve.
I was going to put 10lb residue valves in the rear lines and got a 'Stainless Brake' adjustable proportioning valve for the rear. It was more money but I liked that it also provided a mount for the front lines and has a brake switch and it was CHROME. It only takes 3/16 line and I asked the company and they say its for disc brakes , but could work???. I don't think their literature addresses use for disc or drum brakes. >> think I should use it? or get another proportioning valve?
thanks Cisco, and it's still fricking freezing out

Last edited by TheCiscoKid; 03-11-2009 at 11:35 PM.