Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - reducing 2K
Thread: reducing 2K
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 09:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You can reduce it. They have two ratio's on the can, don't remember what they are offhand. The 4 to 1 is the primer to activator ratio. from there you can reduce it with a urethane grade reducer. But I don't see a problem going over a little, the coats will just be a little thinner. I suggest using slower reducer. Without reduction, it is almost like trying to spray bodyfiller, in fact thats what it looks like when it drys on the sides of the can. I've used this primer for years but now use the tintable version as it is a real light grey and can be tinted if you wish. The yellow just isn't too good for covering with most colors. I really like the primer though, I has as much or more build as the ppg k36, I think it sands easier, and the price is a heck of a lot better. Never had a problem with the primer and there are still a few cars floating around that I used it on. Its on my bonny and was put over bodyfiller finished only to 80 grit, followed by blocking with 180 and repriming. The car was done 5 years ago and no sandscratches are showing.