Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Reducing water from compressed air for painting
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Reducing water from compressed air for painting

I know this has been gone through before but I couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. I am getting ready to run my lines for my shop air and I'm trying to figure out what filters I should use to reduce the largest amount of moisture without going for an air dryer or refrigeration unit. I plan on plumbing the system to have plenty of ball valves to release pooled water; I am really just trying to figure out what types of filters to use. I have heard of using different filters in series but I'm really not too sure which to put where. I will be doing a bit of media blasting and maybe some painting but most likely nothing major. I have a good pipe system mapped out to reduce the max amount of moisture before it ever reaches a filter. I can upload an image of the pipes at a later time I just don't have that file on this computer. So what are you using? Does it work well? Any info would be appreciated.