Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - registering a kit?
View Single Post
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2012, 06:53 AM
delawarebill's Avatar
delawarebill delawarebill is offline
Registered User
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: delaware
Posts: 2,134
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 62
Thanked 185 Times in 184 Posts
ct law change

what i did was go to "sema" web site and look for your state gov rep that sema deals with. contact him/her with your concerns. email or in person. then get a group of bout 4 to talk about changes... read the law as it is now and write down the changes u want.. if u don't have "street rod" tags look into getting them. get a first time inspection and no more after that till it changes owners, then again a first time insp. stay away from limited mileage per yr for some might like the power tours. if they want it then go with something like 2k a yr.. exempt from emissions cause of limited usage. cheaper tags.. it would be great if the rep would do a revamp of the law and be done, but most likely the director of dmv will want to over see it.. just get your ducks in order before u talk to anyone.. u can also contact "sema" for info and ask for a "how to" from them... what to say and not say.. they helped me.. so bottom line is make a wish list and be ready to compromise.
Reply With Quote