Rejet Holley - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 07:35 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Rejet Holley

I Got A 750 Holley On My 350 Sbc. The Plugs Are Black And Smell Of Gas. It Had 72 Mains In It. I Put 70's In It. Should I Go Lower Like 68's ? I Am Going To Go From Ac Delco R44 To R45 For Plugs. Also I Cant Seem To Get Rite Adjustment On The Screws. If I Twist Them In It Has Minimal Effect On Stalling Out. Thanks For Help, Gary

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 07:46 PM

You need a smaller carb prob. I run a 650DP on mine. Is it a built up motor? Give some specs on your vehicle, transmission, ratio, and what it is in.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:05 AM

QUESTION How do I tell what size carb I need?
ANSWER You take the engine cubic inch and multiply by the maximum RPM and divide by 3456. If you have an automatic transmission you will need a vacuum sec. carb, a standard transmission can use a Double Pumper carb.

thats straight from the holley website. A friend of mine tried putting a 750 on a slightly worked up 350 and even after jetting it down, changing pump shots and pump cams we never got it to run right. he swapped to a 650 and it ran great. Im sure thats not what you wanted to hear but I hope it helps
Old 10-08-2010, 07:08 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary53
I Got A 750 Holley On My 350 Sbc. The Plugs Are Black And Smell Of Gas. It Had 72 Mains In It. I Put 70's In It. Should I Go Lower Like 68's ? I Am Going To Go From Ac Delco R44 To R45 For Plugs. Also I Cant Seem To Get Rite Adjustment On The Screws. If I Twist Them In It Has Minimal Effect On Stalling Out. Thanks For Help, Gary
This same thing is seen here on a constant basis.

This is a case of the ignition being the cause of a carb "problem", most likely- and the non responsiveness of the idle screws is the clue (providing the carb is in good shape otherwise, and does not need rebuilt).

To start with, you need to provide us w/ALL the specs that you possibly can, w/regards to the engine and vehicle and how you plan to use it.

Most likely, you need to get the timing curve worked out first, then the carb will follow. A 750 vacuum secondary carb like the 3310 can work fine on a 350 cid engine- BUT it takes the correct tune to do it. A 4779 will take some doing, and really, I wouldn't recommend it for a mild 350 in the first place.

AFA jetting goes, need to know what carb you have- the number is on the choke tower or carb body if the carb has no choke. At least say if it's a vacuum secondary or DP.

Last edited by cobalt327; 10-08-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:11 AM

rejet holley

its a 4160 750 vac. secondaries not a dp. the motor is bored .030 dont know anything about the cam.(i recently got the car).i am in process of changing heads. it had 307ci heads on it,im putting 350 heads on it. it had a single plane manifold im changing it. thanks gary

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.