Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Remote breather/oil fill, any ideas?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 05:58 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by techron
i have the same problem, i built a 383 chev with early corvette valve covers ( no provision for oil or breathers ) and an old nascar style single 4bbl cross ram manifold ( only markings on it are SY1, smokey yunich?? ) i dont want to cut the vintage valve covers and there is no place on the manifold to drill for the old style oil fill tube. i am thinking about boring a hole at the rear verticle side of the block just above the bellhousing mount and fabing up an oil fill tube/ breather with a 90 begree angle at the bottom to insert in the hole. the hole in the block will go into the lifter valley. anybody see a problem with that solution???
One could consider coming off the timing case cover. The accessories and their drives plus the water pump would provide visual concealment. The forward bulkhead would provide the much needed separation between the vent and the crankcase helping keep oil out of the vent. Boring holes in the timing case cover has less expensive impacts to the engine than having something go wrong with a hole you just put in a major casting like the block.

Bogie