Hot Rod Forum banner

Remote Power Brake Booster - 62 Impala Wagon

7K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  glide85 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience installing a remote power brake booster? I am thinking about purchasing one from ECI (Engineered Components) and putting it on my 62' Impala Wagon. My only experience has been with one like a Midland, etc. that is commonly used on street rods. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I am using a Kugel Components master cylinder which I was able to put under the dash in order to clean up the firewall. I am running an LS1 for power and a "stock" master cylinder and booster would not have cleared. If anyone is interested in using a Kugel master cylinder such as this, let me know. I can help.

#7 · (Edited)
I went out and looked in my parts pile,, and found a small midland remote booster that were used on motorhomes, its about 7" in diameter, I'm not sure exactly what it came off of,, but I could take some # off of it to find out,, and cross referance,, if you are interested?

It would be perfect for what you are doing,, Bill

#12 ·
Any help would be appreciated

I would appreciate any help you would be willing to help me with on the conversion swap in your 62. I am planning on dropping an LS3 into my 62 Impala 2 door hard top and would like suggestions and or comments on some of the issues you went through to get it done. I definitley like the idea of cleaning up the engine bay and stuffing the master cylinder away and using a remote brake booster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.