Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Remote reservoir positioning ?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 01:33 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm stumped just trying to remove the reservoir. It doesn't screw off the base of the master because there's a little plastic peg (at the arrow and a little difficult to see in this pic) that fits into a hole in the master so that the reservoir can not be turned left or right. I can't imagine it's just a friction fit but I did try just a bit of pressure on it to see if it would simply pull straight out...but no luck. The other problem is that if it IS some sort of friction fit, I doubt I could make something that would fit it properly. BTW, just to the right of that little peg is a rubberized washer that is between the res. and the master. I can poke it and it flexes. For whatever that might be worth.

Is there a secret to getting this apart...or is it made so us hot rodders can't tamper with it. I could probably cut that tab...but maybe end up creating some other disaster. Looks like lowering the whole unit is rapidly becoming the most viable option.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sedan - clutch master 003.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	28632