Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Electrical (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/electrical/)
-   -   remote starter switch (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/remote-starter-switch-225032.html)

moish 10-15-2012 02:54 PM

remote starter switch
 
I just assembled a remote starter switch. I want to know where each alligator clip goes. I have a 2002 Toyota Tacoma.

Thank You,
moish

EOD Guy 10-15-2012 04:25 PM

Honestly have no clue what you are asking....... You have made a remote starter, kit, button and you want to know where your wires go? How many wires do you have on your switch? What is the purpose of your switch.... maintenance, trouble shooting?

You might have to provide more info in reguards to the questions asked above in order to get some actual helpful advice.

cobalt327 10-15-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moish (Post 1599395)
I just assembled a remote starter switch. I want to know where each alligator clip goes. I have a 2002 Toyota Tacoma.

Thank You,
moish

One way is to go directly to the starter:

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w..._solenoid1.jpg

moish 10-15-2012 06:42 PM

remote starter switch
 
The assembled remote starter switch I made is comprised of an ignition start switch, 2- 12ga. wires each with an alligator clip attached. I want to engage the starter w/o turning the engine over. I do not know what 2 terminals to place the clips so that when I "hit" the button, the starter engages but the engine doesn't. Again this is for a 2002 Toyota Tacoma.

Thank you,
Moish

vicrod 10-15-2012 07:20 PM

back in the day
 
Just wire in a switch into the ignition circuit. When you want the engine to crank but NOT start just throw this switch to off.
That way when she says lets go home you throw the switch and claim the truck won't start and then etc.....

vicrod

moish 10-15-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicrod (Post 1599467)
Just wire in a switch into the ignition circuit. When you want the engine to crank but NOT start just throw this switch to off.
That way when she says lets go home you throw the switch and claim the truck won't start and then etc.....

vicrod



Thank you, but that isn't the "application " I was refering to. My application is to have the switch in you hand.
Thanks anyway.

Moish:(

EOD Guy 10-16-2012 03:52 AM

Ok, I get it now...... you want the starter to engage, but not start the truck....... Colbat's dia is right on.

Is this a manual truck? I assume you want to put the truck in rev and use the starter switch to back it up to hook up a trailer?

cobalt327 10-16-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moish (Post 1599457)
The assembled remote starter switch I made is comprised of an ignition start switch, 2- 12ga. wires each with an alligator clip attached. I want to engage the starter w/o turning the engine over. I do not know what 2 terminals to place the clips so that when I "hit" the button, the starter engages but the engine doesn't. Again this is for a 2002 Toyota Tacoma.

Thank you,
Moish

It sounds like you're still asking. Did you see: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/remo...ml#post1599430?

I believe (if you have a manual trans?) you might be able to use the relay terminal but that will not work w/alligator clips w/o making jumpers for the female terminals to connect to the remote switch.

moish 10-16-2012 09:18 PM

The Toyota Tacoma has an automatic transmission.( No, the remote won't allow me to hook up a trailer).
Wouldn't one clip go to +bat terminal and one clip to the "S" or ignition switch?
I would then have to put key into "on" position but not start up engine. I would then hit the Remote starter that I made?
On YouTube this was done EXCEPT the guy DIDN't show a key in the ignition being used. This is the part that doesn't make sense.(Circuit closed w/o key in "on" position, correct?)

Thanks for trying to get me an answer,
Moish:thumbup:

EOD Guy 10-17-2012 03:40 AM

If you are trying to make a push button starter using the key to turn it on/off..... use colbalt's dia. If you are trying to make a keyless push button starter then it's way more complicated.

moish 10-17-2012 08:59 PM

No i'm not trying to make a push button starter. No i'm not trying to make a keyless push button starter.

Picture this, a guy doesn't have anyone to turn the key on by he needs to engage the starter and not turn over the engine while he is underneath the car. He could press one of those REMOTE STARTER SWITCHES from Autozone that costs around $15. (I made my own but need to confirm how the alligator clips hook up to battery and solenoid)
Thanks again for trying,
Moishe

cobalt327 10-17-2012 09:24 PM

------------------


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.