remove the LOUNGE from the new posts and daily posts search function. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 12:34 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

remove the LOUNGE from the new posts and daily posts search function.

with all the peeing and moaning about being a "more better" board, wouldn't it improve the overall HR image if the lounge didn't show up on the new or daily posts' search button? You could still cruise the lounge, just in a separate format. I think it would keep lounge lizards out of the tech forums more. (myself included)
I just think about a new person coming here, hitting the new posts button, and all they see is thread after thread on whiny shtuff. is this the image we want to present?

and for that matter, wth is up with the baddest board on the net becoming a virginal ears only place? your going have to get rid of the black background too.

in all damn seriousness, larry.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Not a bad idea. Anyone else...
Old 09-21-2004, 10:01 AM

Last photo:

Great idea!
Old 09-21-2004, 04:29 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

I don't use that feature but anything that further divides the tech forums from the lounge I'm against. I think that the regulars in the tech forums and the regulars in the lounge should be encouraged to mingle as much as possible.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Are we having fun yet?

Last photo:

What's your point Ghetto? How is it separating anything? You can still access any part of this site at any time.
Yes Jon I'm for it.

Norm
Old 09-21-2004, 07:18 PM

Last photo:

Bud my point is many people use that feature, some people might use it exclusively if they only have 5 minutes to spend on the board, if you eliminate the posts in the lounge from showing up you may hinder participation in lounge from the variety of people who check out the new posts.----And thought that made whole lot more sense to me 2 hours ago than it does now.

But really, whats the point? The lounge will calm back down in a few days. It's hardly worth the effort, if you do remove them you'll probably end up with someone asking Jon to put the lounge posts back in before the week is over.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:32 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

i'm going to be indecisive here i see both sides and can't pick one so i'm on the fence untill somone knocks me off.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:36 PM

Last photo:

ghetto runs toward helrazr.....................BAM!

oh man, I just knocked him on the "other" side of the fense.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:53 PM
suck, squeeze, bang, blow

Last journal entry: finally reeled it in
Last photo:

I like the current format. Many non-specific comments end up in the lounge. Besides it would get too dry reading about other people's car problems without reading about their people problems too. I love the drama, ahem, in a manly hotrodder sense of course.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Re: remove the LOUNGE from the new posts and daily posts search function.

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy larry
with all the peeing and moaning about being a "more better" board, wouldn't it improve the overall HR image if the lounge didn't show up on the new or daily posts' search button? You could still cruise the lounge, just in a separate format. I think it would keep lounge lizards out of the tech forums more. (myself included)
I just think about a new person coming here, hitting the new posts button, and all they see is thread after thread on whiny shtuff. is this the image we want to present?

and for that matter, wth is up with the baddest board on the net becoming a virginal ears only place? your going have to get rid of the black background too.

in all damn seriousness, larry.
I agree that the lounge can be a real detraction from the real them of Hotrodders. I believe that maybe making it unavailable to a new user's eyes on the front page might be a good deal. The lounge is popular, it gets alot of traffic, and it does heat up once in a while, and maybe due to it's potential volatility, we should alter it a bit to avoid turning off potential new members.

The virginal ears deal really has been blown out of proportion. Just keeping it down to a "dull roar" works fine. Common sense is all we need.

Brian
Old 09-22-2004, 09:53 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

i am a little hesitant to (hide) the lounge you are right that some people may not appreciate what goes on in there but i don't want this site to become like other boards all work and no play,

i think i'll get off the fence now (thanks for the shove ghetto) keep the lounge where it is the 2000 or so members we have now don't seem to mind it so why should anyone else? and if they do then maybe there not right for this board. if someone is going to join they should know that there is a personality here and need to accept it. there are plenty of technical forums around for the straight arrow types

let them see us as we are, and i think they we are a pretty cool group of individuals who over all get along pretty good i love a good side of drama with my bowl of torque settings
Old 09-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter

Last journal entry: Detailing Eng. Compartment
Last photo:

I'm all for it.

The lounge would be just a click away.

Troy
Old 09-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Farfegnugen

Last journal entry: logo fun!
Last photo:

I know I'm just a newbie here, but I think the lounge should stay on the new/daily posts. Why move it? I agree with helrazr3 in that we all know that 99.9% of Hotrodders are garage guys/girls and we all have the occasional complaint or we say 'F this!' once in a while. There IS a personality here and it's about hotrodding, not who's crying cuz they got their feelers hurt. I use the new/daily posts function almost every time I sign-on, and if I don't like what is in a thread, I DON'T READ IT. I don't go a cry to Jon about, Oh boo-hoo someone said I was a four-popper wannabe hotrodder! C'mon folks, let's TRY to be adults here. Be responsible in your posts and have respect for each other. You know when you join-up they tell us that, but is anyone reading that??? I think some of the "old-timers" could use a refresher.... And for all of you softies out there, grow some skin already, if you go crying every time someone offends you then you have a long and treacherous life ahead of you....Go buy some tissue for your tears!
Old 09-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Low Phat

Last journal entry: Volksrod update
Last photo:

I think it's a good idea.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter

Last journal entry: Detailing Eng. Compartment
Last photo:

I don't use the "F" word and I have been in a garage all my life, It's not a word that pertains to automobiles and is not needed to express ones self. It is a bad habit to get into. Do you say it to the preacher or your daughters teacher or any of the people that come into a garage? My wife reads some of this and so do my grandchildren, They are exposed to enough all ready with out reading about it on grandpas computer.

[color=red][size=8]IT"S CALLED RESPECT FOR YOUR FELLOW MAN[/size][/color]

Troy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.