Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - removing dirt from wet clear/paint,You gotta try this.
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

removing dirt from wet clear/paint,You gotta try this.

I was on my suppliers truck truck a few weeks ago and saw what looked like an accupunture needle and thought it would be perfect for cleaning my guns and bought it...When I opened it I found it had little, hairlike barbs on it ,it even stuck itself to my finger.No way would this work for cleaning out the small holes in my gun so it just sat on my desk...Useless....
Well ,I was painting a bumper cover (silver) and some black trash landed in the wet clear ,sticking out like a sore thumb.There was about five pieces in the clear and no way I could keep going ...Thinking I would have to wait for the clear to dry and blend some color in and start over again I wasnt too happy about it also putting off the delivery an extra day is something I really hate doing...I remembered that dirt pic I bought and being a hail Mary attempt, I tried it before giving up,I wasnt expecting much...
I read the directions (believe it or not) and holly crap it pulled that chunk of trash right out like a magnet without messing up the clear at all,it pulled out every piece of trash in the cover and perfectly...I was able to put the next coat on and still get it done on time....This is a tool that everyone has to have if they do any paint work at all amature or pro its the best thing to come out in years,try it ,you'll love it...made by Evercoat "The dirt pic"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8648.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	71639   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8647.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	71640  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
AdvancedRetard (02-23-2013), bigdog7373 (02-28-2013), John long (02-23-2013), Trucknut (02-27-2013)