Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - removing dirt from wet clear/paint,You gotta try this.
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 04:55 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanbob View Post
Painting the trunk of a car some years ago, just finished the last coat - looked perfect when fluttering along came a small moth! Moth landed right in the middle of the trunk. That would have been bad enough, but unlike a piece of dirt, the moth didn't just sit there... he struggled, dragging his wings through the paint. He finally stopped after crawling a inch and a half across my fresh paint! I waited for everything to dry, then sanded the moth and the trail he left, then several rounds of primer and sanding to eliminate the trail. Shot the color again, waited, shot a second coat. Standing back to admire my work, I was horrified to see another moth, on a collision course with my wet paint! He landed almost exactly where the other moth had. This time I fogged him with more paint. He died stuck in my paint, but at least didn't struggle making it worse. When everything dried this time, I just buffed his butt outta there. I think the tips of his wings might have still be in there, but this was my daily driver, I left it.
Thats friggin funny I dont care who you are...
we have these huge flying bugs (well not here but in upstate NY)called June bugs that'll almost break a windshield went they hit it.when they get stuck in the paint its just ticky enough to keep them from taking off but they can walk anywhere they want if one lands in wet paint on the roof it can walk all the way to the back glass then down the glass and through the trunk leaving tracks like a drunken sailor all the way I think the fumes finally get them in the end...