Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Removing drip rails...
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
And there lies the opinion part, your Skylark is MIND BLOWING WILD! And shaving the drip rails did nothing, not one single thing if you ask me. If they were there now, the car would still be the same MIND BLOWING WILD car.

Brian
Brian, I respect your opinion, but I STRONGLY disagree. You have to see the before and after first hand to understand the difference it made. It took it from homely grandpa car to a some what sporty look. I have parked next to stockers and the roof line looks different with the rails removed. To each their own, but I'm telling you there is a much different yet subtle look, which is what I like. If I didn't point it out nobody would ever notice, that's a good thing. Then again it is not a car most people have owned or been around.

The thing you don't see in the pictures is the screw on part of the drip rail that went down the A pillar. A front view of a stocker will show you the difference.

While I agree it wouldn't make or brake the car, it is the little things that make a difference. The goal I had was to make subtle body changes (shaved antena hole, gas door, drip rails, 1 piece side glass, remove the reverse lights) none of those things would make or brake the car, but all done together it makes a difference. Yet people don't walk up and notice that these things have been done.

Just my opinion and how I like to build cars.