Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Removing drip rails...
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,165 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroman7d View Post
Brian, I respect your opinion, but I STRONGLY disagree. You have to see the before and after first hand to understand the difference it made. It took it from homely grandpa car to a some what sporty look. I have parked next to stockers and the roof line looks different with the rails removed. To each their own, but I'm telling you there is a much different yet subtle look, which is what I like. If I didn't point it out nobody would ever notice, that's a good thing. Then again it is not a car most people have owned or been around.

The thing you don't see in the pictures is the screw on part of the drip rail that went down the A pillar. A front view of a stocker will show you the difference.

While I agree it wouldn't make or brake the car, it is the little things that make a difference. The goal I had was to make subtle body changes (shaved antena hole, gas door, drip rails, 1 piece side glass, remove the reverse lights) none of those things would make or brake the car, but all done together it makes a difference. Yet people don't walk up and notice that these things have been done.

Just my opinion and how I like to build cars.
I am with you, the reason your car is so stunning is you did all those things! I get that, including the drip rails. I just want to make it clear to a possible newbe that it isn't as easy as it seems and that time could be spent somewhere else, that is my main point.

Brian