Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Removing emmission control components
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhawes
Thanks Guys,
Both good suggestions, probably should consider installing the smog pump and catalytic converter but I'll also look into getting a computer off a boat or something that doesn't have all the smog stuff. I don't know what to do about the brake on/off switch though.
My worry is that the computer can't do it's job unless it has the input from all of the sensors. The whole point in going EFI is for efficient engine operation.
Thanks again for your input.
John
A marine computer for any year wont give good performance as the fuel mix and timing curves are WAY different due to the way a marine engine moves a boat through water. Dont waste your time.If it isnt setting any sensor codes dont worry about it like F Bird said.
No cats and no smog pump will only affect performance in a minor way. You would probably not ntice. You do want an O 2 sensor(or both) hooked up. If it had down stream sensors, leaving them out wont affect performance , all they do is measure cat health.