Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Removing full body vinyl
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Last journal entry: rust on lt body shell
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Deadbodyman. As I said in earlier post I've removed tons of these decal jobs when I worked at the truck dearship plus put some on. Use a small butaine or propane trouch and warm the decal then pull it off. I would take a propane trouch and warm the decal. Just kind of run the heat over the decal and dont get it so hot it melts but it will be real warm to the fingers when you start to peel it. Thats where the sore fingers come in after awhile but its part of the job. Pull the decal with one hand and let the trouch burn in the other so your not always relighting it. The newer ones with the built in lighter work the best.If you get it to hot you will mark the paint. We had to remove decals from 24-26' van body trucks and it was a weekly thing.What you've got there is easy. Try it from the top of a 14' latter. Those vans you should be able to pull in less than 8-10 hrs complete. The most we ever got to do a big truck was about 20 hrs and that was if it was wrapped all the way around including the roll up door. And they would suck up the heat and pull the paint more times than not.