Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - removing that interior rust
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2002, 08:13 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Now that I am in the final stages of my 65 Ford Falcon Ranchero restomod project, I think I can advise you with experience relating to rust converters.I converted a fair share of rusted floor board material befor replacing. That really cheap phosphoric acid that may be found at any home improvement store, under various brand names is a good first step. That is the green water thin liquid item on the shelf. Comes in various quantity bottles. Quart size spray bottle is probably the best value. Just spray it on and watch for results. A couple of hours or overnight. The residue should be rustfree with a white powder left over. Spray it with water if you like or not. The residue is safe compared to other caustic products. The finished metal can be painted over with a POR 15 paint product which will seal the whole mess. That stuff is armor like and doesn't clean off skin well. Don't get too messy. You'll be sorry. There are plenty of dealers online for the POR 15 products.