removing locked lugnuts - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2009, 09:03 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

LOL, if they want the wheels bad enough they'll steal the whole car ,its easier. I've had four cars stolen at the shop in the past ten years,one got stolen twice.They can get pretty crafty. I had a six foot chain link fence around the shop with barbed wire on top they pulled the tie wire off the fencing and drove the car through the locked gate frame.

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 04:46 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I got them all back ,but minus motors. luckily insurance paid off.the cops caught one guy and he went to jail...I thought about camping out with a shot gun full of rock salt,but I'd have to do it every night.Most all of the shops around here have the same problems.I guess the jails arnt so bad as getting a job.A friend of mine hired a security gaurd for his shop and he was caught selling parts at night....when copper was high someone went and cut every battery cable out of fifty parts cars,must have took them all night to make 25.00, caught that guy too.the recycler was next door.the dumb sheet took the stripped copper there.I just dont understand it ...if I they keep getting caught they must not be very good at crime and should try a differnt trade.I know if I sucked at painting cars I'd give up and try something else.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

----------

Last edited by cobalt327; 12-31-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: a favor
Old 12-29-2009, 10:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Those lug nut tools look expensive 200-300.00 ??? Throw a snap on or mac name on it 400.00??
most all of the truck brands are relabeled LTI.....

http://www.ltitools.com/

My MAC kit is made by LTI, the only difference is the MAC sticker on the outside of the case. Even the kit part number is the same - LT4000 (MAC adds a "c" at the end.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeweb
I have a MAC LT4000c wheel lock remover kit

http://www.mactools.com/product/tabi...4-lt4000c.aspx

Includes the LT4200B “Quick-Off” Lug Nut Removal Tool. Removes 3/4", 19mm, 13/16" and 21mm tire lug nuts that are damaged or rounded. Used with a 1/2" impact gun or breaker bar. Also removes undamaged GM, Ford and Chrysler wire wheel hubcap locks. Removes factory and most after market McGard mag wheel lug nut locks.

I used to encounter locking nuts with missing keys all the time, I used to weld lug nuts on, or air hammer them off, so I bought a Snap On set 5 years ago like that Matco one...

Never got to use it, fate would have it that I never once encountered a missing lug nut key after buying a nice locking lug nut remover

I know if I sell it I will need it a week later.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Last photo:

Thread has gotten way off subject, I split the thread and sent those replies to the dump, please stick to the subject or I will close it. It is not about thieves or guns or anything but how to remove the locking lug nuts....please.

Thanks
Vince

Last edited by 302 Z28; 12-30-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:30 PM

Last photo:

Guess ill repost here.....

most all of the truck brands are relabeled LTI.....

http://www.ltitools.com/

My MAC kit is made by LTI, the only difference is the MAC sticker on the outside of the case. Even the kit part number is the same - LT4000 (MAC adds a "c" at the end

I have a MAC LT4000c wheel lock remover kit

http://www.mactools.com/product/tabi...4-lt4000c.aspx

Includes the LT4200B “Quick-Off” Lug Nut Removal Tool. Removes 3/4", 19mm, 13/16" and 21mm tire lug nuts that are damaged or rounded. Used with a 1/2" impact gun or breaker bar. Also removes undamaged GM, Ford and Chrysler wire wheel hubcap locks. Removes factory and most after market McGard mag wheel lug nut locks.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Last photo:

I am closing this thread. Since the OP question has been answered and since the OP has not posted in this thread again, and the replies lack technical merit...it is closed. If anyone feels this needs to be reversed please PM one of the other mods in this forum and we will discuss it.

Vince
Closed Thread

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.