Hot Rod Forum banner

Removing Power Brakes from 70 Camaro

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  IanRiordan 
#1 ·
I want fabricate a new set of fenderwell headers on my 70 Camaro. The brake booster is a major roadblock to this project. I want to retain disc brakes on the car but do away with the power booster. Can I just use aftermarket disc brakes? Or does anyone have another suggestion?

RB

#3 ·
70 Camaro was available with manual disc brakes except on high output engine options (due to fade). They were the same brakes.

The master and pushrod were different, and went in the high hole in the pedal. MPbrakes sells a delete kit. Use a pushrod and master that are compatible with each other. They shold co,me with the kit, as well as a dust boot. OE used a short rod and a retainer. Dont mix a short rod with a master designed for a long rod, and vice-versa. Short rod/master requires the retainer, per OE parts.

Use high perf. street pads like HAWK, good for cold and hot. If you need better than that, you'll need a brake upgrade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.