Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Repainting A Boat
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

If I were to paint those boats S10 would get a top shelf Single Stage on the bottom up to the waterline and then a base clear on the topsides in his choice of color or colors.

On Deweys his gets a marine bottom paint as his stays in the water all summer and his topsides would get a top shelf base clear on the topsides.

On both boats I have become partial to using a spray in bedliner material in the interior areas and then shooting a semigloss non glare material to cover the black bedliner. Too bad bedliner is not available in a marine gray for the boat guys.

Always I remove every item that is easily removed as one will find out just how difficult it is to mask and sand around all the hardware found on a boat. Seems like a lot of work to pull the motor and out drive unit, docking gear, windshield, guages, controlls and all that but once one starts masking and sanding and prepping around all that stuff one realizes the wisdom of just taking it all out of the way..

As usual just my opinion and your results may vary..

Sam