Hot Rod Forum banner

Repair/Replace Door Solenoids?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  hduff 
#1 ·
My door latch solenoids have stopped working. I'm assuming they are not repairable and the space they occupy is just big enough to accommodate the solenoid. Anyone have an idea who made these?

Absent that, anybody aware of any decent low-buck door latch solenoids?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I ordered two from Amazon for a total of $7.78 including shipping with delivery next week. I'll need to fabricate a mounting bracket. Even if they don't work, I'm not out much. I also got a 4-pack of a slightly different solenoid for $11.60 including shipping with delivery next week. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N57OC68/

While searching the Internet for this, I saw one application that used a bicycle brake cable in its shield between the solenoid and the lock. That eliminates the need for any kind of pulley if the solenoid is not mounted in a straight line. Door Solenoids and Poppers - Route 66 Hot Rod High

#4 ·
My door latch solenoids have stopped working. I'm assuming they are not repairable and the space they occupy is just big enough to accommodate the solenoid. Anyone have an idea who made these?

Absent that, anybody aware of any decent low-buck door latch solenoids?
At the same time? Seems odd that something as simple as a solenoid would ever "quit", let alone two. Check your wiring before buying anything...

Russ

#7 ·
The passenger door has been failing slowly over the past two years. The driver door failed suddenly. Wiring was the first thing I checked and voltages at the solenoid are OK. I have the "Painless Wiring 40024 Jamb Tac Door Jamb Connector" type of connectors. I didn't install them. They work OK for everything but the electric windows.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.