Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Repairing an Ingersoll-Rand Compressor
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 07:05 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

When did IR start getting their stuff fron China? My IR was a great compressor and gave years of every day use with five men using it.
when the compressor bearings did finally wear out it gave plenty of notice (noise) which I promptly ignored.until the whole bottom let loose.when I rebuilt it it cost 600.00 for piston, rings,crank,valves,bearings ,everything.I though it was a bit high until I started looking at compressors of equal size (10 hp) so I rebuilt it and havent had a problem in 4 yrs ...it WAS pretty old and I was surprised I could still get all the parts.to rebuild it but thats a gosh darn fantastic compressor....but where can you get a 10 hp compressor for 600.00? IMO it was worth 600.00 all busted up BEFORE I rebuilt it.
I'm verry sorry to hear that IR went with cheap chinesse parts. They used to be on top of the heap.I guess if you want anything thats good quality now days you have to get something old and rebuild it. What ever happened to pride in your work?