Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Replace existing horn w/ ooga horn?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Designer, Artist, HotRodder

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Doc, thanks, yes I assume the vehicle is re-wired. These do not look like 1939 wires- it appears to be a standard wiring setup one would purchase to put a whole new wiring set in the car. I did not do any of the rest-o-modification, ( and I don't have any experience in any of this stuff, ) so I am making some educated guesses.

Same thing goes for the steering wheel. I know its a LeCarra Banjo wheel, and I was told its a GM column by another more informed hot rodder. The "button" I refer to is the one in the center of the steering wheel. I hope we're talking the same thing. I don't know if its the standard GM horn set up or not. Basically, I want the button in the steering wheel to activate the horn, not some separate switch or button mounted elsewhere.

Funny you mention it, the horn button has gotten stuck a few times within its housing in the wheel, I assumed it was a funky or cheap button. I am going to buy a Julianos V8 polished replacement , is there any way I can see when I take off the "LeCarra" button if its grounded there??

One more note: I have had the car two years, and other than the button getting stuck a few times, the horn has always worked fine.