Hot Rod Forum banner

Replaced brake booster now pedal comes up slow

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  eric32 
#1 ·
Hello guys I have a 96 s10 and just replaced my brake booster as the old one had a internal leak. I had to take the master cylinder off lines and all to get my new one on. All of the fluid in the master cylinder was drained out and after everything was all reinstalled I bleed my brakes several times till just to where fluid comes out of the lines.

When i take out my truck it has nice grabbing brakes but the pedal does not come back very fast and it takes about 4 to 5 seconds. It never did that before so what can I do? Master cylinder was just fine before this and had no issues. Pedal does not go clear down to the floor it goes down about the normal distance and is just slow coming back up.

I put the shims that was on the master cylinder bolts back on and everything is the same as before. Also my s10 does not have anti lock brakes as to all of my lines where all replaced with all new steel line and the original proportion valve was replaced with an aftermarket one.

All was good till I replaced the booster.
Thanks guys sorry for asking but seems like one thing after another.
Eric

#3 ·
Well latech I went ahead and got a replacement and it did the trick. It was a cardone from advance auto. I did a lot of reading and it all pointed to the booster which sucked cause it too some time to get it on then off again. Well take care.
Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.