Hot Rod Forum banner

replacement compressor pump

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Danny G. 
#1 ·
Several people have asked me about replacement pumps for the vary popular 60 gallon single stage compressors of 6-7 "peak" HP rating. These things almost always have a 15 AMP motor of 3 true HP and produce around 10-11 CFM@ 90 PSI (even though they may claim a bit more than that). These pumps are usually hard to find in this CFM range but I have noticed that Surplus Center now has some and at a bargain price :) These are DeVilbiss inline two cylinder single stage pumps with cast iron cylinders that should produce over 10 CFM@ 90 PSI and should fit most if not all commonly found compressors of this type such as Campbell Housfeld and others. At only $99.95 they should be a real bargain. I am not trying to sell compressors for anyone it is just that I think this is a good deal for someone thinking of rebuilding or just refreshing their older compressor. If your motor is good and all the other parts are in working order then this can be cheaper than buying a new compressor.www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2006062318324685&item=4-1761&catname=

#3 ·
Yeah, really good to know about. Looks like more cfm too then the HF pump puts out. Seems also like a good backup plan too for those trying to save up for a 2 stage while there single stage pump goes out, but just don't have enough for that particular one they want yet, and you just need to buy some more time. Then you can sell it and get problably get more than what you paid for the pump itself back in return.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.