Hot Rod Forum banner

Replacement plexiglass roof panels

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  boatbob2 
#1 ·
This might be one of few things I wouldn't touch a junkyard for, but does anyone know of someone that would be able to makea tinted plexiglass roof panel, I'm looking to identify a source so that when I get to that point on my '55 Mercury Sun Valley I know where to go. (Similar, but not the same part, as the '55/6 Ford Crown Victoria)

I'm thinking it was most likely vacuum formed, obviously I'd be at a disadvantage since I wouldn't have an original die, but I do have an intact roof that could be used as a pattern (it has a lot of sun checking, which is what I'd expect from most anything out of a junk yard... And if a used or NOS part exists, I'm sure it would be insanely overpriced)

#2 ·
plastic roof

hi,look in the yellow pages under plastics,and start calling.i had a top for a 23 roadster made out of plexiglass about 15 years ago. i used a wooden buck for a mold. buit,if your top is in good condition except for the checking,they should be able to use yours as a buck (or mold) when you get the new one,dont clean it with windex. use a good paste wax on it,and it will last almost forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.