Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - replacing damaged rocker 85 Iroc (unibody)
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:05 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

LOL,funny you mention that...Yesterday I started taking apart the damaged rocker with a sawzall and made a vid it only took a couple min to cut out everything and it took the rest of the day to drill out all the welds. The sawzall is a "must have " tool ...The plasma cutter ,not so much,in fact using a plasma can really screw you up if you cut through something you'll need ,whats nice about a sawzall is you can feel what you are cutting and as soon as you hit something hidden you can feel the difference and stop to check out what it is before its to late...Plasma cutters have their uses but be smart where you use them ,floors have braces ,rockers have inner structures that are hidden until you peel back a layer,I prefer the sawzall....and VERY SHARP drill bits....
Yesterday I got most of the damaged rocker off...I found a lot of extra damage and I'll have to dig deeper than I thought good thing I took the donor chunk apart like I did I'll be needing most of the parts ,maybe all of them...
I took many pics and a few vids but my USB is full so I need another one to down load my camers into ,then I have to figure out how to get the vids downloaded from that to here...
The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
OldF250XLT (05-28-2014)