Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - replacing damaged rocker 85 Iroc (unibody)
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:16 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

It looks decieving the actual damage at the bottom body line is in the 1/4 ,hard to tell from a pic but the center body line is nice ,lifting the door would line up the bottom line but throw off the center line...even the the jamb of the 1/4 is twisted and buckled,thats why I'm thinking of replacing the 1/4 ...the damage to the door is strictly cosmetic and confined solely to the skin...
My thinking at this point is do it up right...replace the 1/4 and door with good quality used parts and no filler work...The door is a no brainer ,replace it, for 40.00theres no way I can use filler and beat that,Thats only 1 hr to do the filler work and dont buy any material thats just labor.
I figure the 1/4 would take 8hrs to get straight with filler,thats 300.00 in labor PLUS materials so again 40.00 for a 1/4 ,5hrs to replace it 3 to remove the old one its still way cheaper to do it right ....Thats IF I can get the good,premo parts no sence getting junk thats almost as bad as what I got (I'll have to take my time and check them out good) ,,,Well,I'm off to the U Pull yard...
The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
OldF250XLT (05-28-2014)