Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - replacing damaged rocker 85 Iroc (unibody)
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:43 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
I like your Idea of the body chalk outline, that's hilarious, just put a sign underneath saying "customer with a bad attitude" and if you ever got one of those customer's, all you'd need to do is point to the outline.

Sorry to hear about that paint spill accident, but like many things in this trade, if it hasn't happened to somebody in this trade, they haven't been in it long enough.

Ray
As much as I hate too I have to come clean.....This isnt the first time I did this.
About 20 yrs ago I fix and painted my uncle's RX7 that was rear ended ,When I recieved the HOT RED paint I opened it right away and stired it up good so I could see how nice it was.Man it was nice too..well, as I was stirring some paint spilled down the sides, I wasnt a real "full time" painter back then and I didnt put drain holes in the groove so when I hammerd down the lid even more spilledm,when I grabbed the gallon to put it away it slipped out of my hands like it was oiled....Another reason I think red is bad luck for me... I scooped it all up with a dust pan and a big bondo squeegie and put it all back in the can....I USED IT and the car came out beautifull he drove that thing around for 10 yrs...This one was never opended and when it hit the floor upside down (jelly side down) it kinda exploded...Oh well the next gallon will be here tomorrow...

You can bet your bottom dollar I'll have FULL coverage when I start driving this bad boy...I know someone is going to hit me before I sell it...red is bad luck...
het tec maybe I'll get a floor buffer....