Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Replacing Intake Manifold Questions
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Big Block Bossa Nova

Wiki Edits: 0

Replacing Intake Manifold Questions

Hi guys. Tomorrow I am going to be replacing the intake manifold on the 454 in my 71 Nova. I just had a question about pulling the distributor out. I have done this swap before, but last time there was another mechanic there to do all the "technical" stuff. Ive been doing some research and I have mostly everything down pat except the removal and installation of the distributor. Is it something I can simply mark the locations where it was, take it out, then drop it back in when everything else is done? Or is there a little more to it then that? If someine kinda of give me a step by step guice on how to do it I would be VERY grateful.

Also, my intake manifold gasket set came with the two actual manifold gaskets, and one shorter piece of black rubber gasket that im assuming either goes on the front or the back of the intake, inbetween the intake and the block. Do I really need to put that gasket on? Or can I just make a really think beed of RTV on those two areas and I should be fine?

As always, ANY info you guys can share would be greatly appreciated.

Rob