Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Replacing a metal hood with a fiberglass hood
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 05:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Replacing a metal hood with a fiberglass hood

Aloha all,

I have a '34 ford (Outlaw body&chassis) with a BBC (454 LS6) and I purchased a tunnel ram with a shotgun scoop. I also purchased a fiberglass hood with new hinges (Outlaw Performance) because of the fact that I don't want to cut a hole in the existing metal hood. I need to know which would be the best route to take in replacing the hood/hinges. Mount the tunnel ram first then go from there or mount the hood/hinges with the hole already cut for the scoop? If I had a template with the tunnel ram hole already marked, then I guess it wouldn't matter which task is best to take first. I question this because a friend informed me that the hood/hinges needs to be replaced/mounted first. If anyone has had the experience in doing this type of work, please give me the details. I would appreciate your advice, thanks.

I also purchased a Bob Drake chrome grille/shell which needs to be fabricated to be fitted with the Outlaw hood.