Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Respirator for Silica Sand Blasting and Painting
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 PM

Last journal entry: Do-It-All Buick Regal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

All of the details on different systems were starting to run together in my head along with past experience of breathing rust with a half mask respirator. I think I would feel more comfortable with a completely sealed system for long term use.

When I restore my truck at some point and start stripping the frame, I'll have to better ventilate the garage and wait for the right time in late winter/early spring to use a scuba mask with oxygen and a hood or something to protect the lens. It takes me longer than the average person to do something like this and I want to feel at ease knowing I have the ultimate protection at a decent price.

I know guys do this all of the time with the cheapest of everything. Just get a little concerned about the sand blasting threads with guys posting 8 times and disappearing. hehe

Probably for the near future I'll use what Sam mentioned and see how comfortable I feel with it. I don't believe any blast media is completely safe but sure would make a tedious project easier. Gotta make it work because $50,000. to replace a truck is NOT acceptable.

What do use Shine, any thoughts?