Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Resto tutorial on my 1958 MGA Coupe
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37ford4dr
luckily the guy who bought the car to restore had purchased all the glass for it...so i have all the 3 pieces of rear glass and a new front windshield. the door glass and quarterlights are good. i have examinied the round rear qtr windows and they are good and I have eyeballed the flat center piece and front windshield but until i have better wrapping to put them in then what they are in now they will stay boxed as is. but they look good from my poking and prodding. the only thing i know that i am missing is the chrome/SS trim that is part of the rear windshield gasket.

we are not sure what we are going to do with it... we are still examining the car and its possibilities....once i have all the "new" stuff de-stinked and repacked we will put it up on jack stands and really go over it. i really like the metal working aspect of these projects....if i see a modified coupe that has big fender flares and racing stripes with knock off minilites it may just send me over the edge and i will make this into a "modified". i dont really care about originality and if i can find pictures of historic period modifications that float my boat i would do it in a minute..

bob
https://www.google.com/search?q=1958...J8Pqggej3IGyCQ