Hot Rod Forum banner

Retro Rod Rear Suspension Ideas

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  xxllmm4 
#1 ·
I recently bought a model a two door sedan with a model a frame and want to build a nostalgia rod. I want the car to sit as low as possible. I am wondering what my rear suspension options are...leaf spring...ladder bar...zing the frame...any insight on the best way to do this and maybe even a diagram or to or any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Welcome to the site skillster. :welcome: Lots of info and opinions here. To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base and use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration. There are several members building A's and T's and documenting them in their journals. It will take some time to find them but it will be worth it for you. Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.

How low do you want to go? If you want to build a nostalgia rod and get it low you will have to Z the frame. If you channel the body you will probably lose the rear seat capability in the process. Use a later spring with less arch to get it lower. Here are a few pics of rear end setups. If you would like more info get back to us.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.