Revolutionary metal working tool? - Page 8 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Junk or Jewel?
Junk, just another gimmick. 22 81.48%
Jewel, I can't wait to start using it. 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 12:09 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Dominator is that offer for the free dominator heads still up? if so send me the address and I'll send the envelope

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2006, 03:28 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

Ok you guys. I sent em out today 1-11-03. I've recieved a total of 6 requests. I sent (4) heads each to Brian Martain, Jim Emerson, Fred Pelkey, and Mt.Airy Sevice. I still have 2 more requests to send to. These heads will run close to $25 ea. when the tool gets to market. So, do the math. Earlier in the thead some one made the comment to stick to business and not give away my tool. Bottom line is I got an email quite by accident that the tool was being discussed on this site. When I jumped in, the whole theory was gettin kicked in the butt. I decided to put my $ where my mouth is. I believe the guys that are requesting these heads will have the skill level to make a center arbor, to screw the heads to, and get a PDR light and try it out. They should be able to see this concept work with no problem. I will fully expect a fair and honest evaluation. Remember there die grinder is limited to where it will go. My Dominators go from handheld to 32" to 42" to get down inside quarters, and fenders, and across roofs and hoods. So, they will be very limited on what they will be able to do. But with any luck, they should come back to this site SCREAMING!!!! We'll see. Darryl
Old 01-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,126 Times in 1,000 Posts
Darryl, I thank you very much for your honesty.

Brian
Old 01-11-2006, 06:13 PM

Darryl, I tried emailing you to the address on the website, never heard back. How close to distribution are you?. Also, I'll buy one of those head for the die grinder, if they're for sale. Let me know
Thanks
David
Old 01-14-2006, 10:58 AM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

Hey Cobra 66.
Is your call name derived from the old Sheby Cobra's? (My favorite of ALL cars)! Any way, the final Prototype kits are being sent to me as we speak. If everything is up to 'snuff' then I'll ok the shipment. It's coming from Taiwan (were almost all of todays tools are manufactured). It takes 3 weeks to cross the creak, and then 1 to 2 weeks in customs, and then shipped to me. Soooooo.. I'm still 6 to 8 weeks out on being able to send out tools. As far as sending out any more of the heads, I really don't want to get into that right now, I'm still cleaning up from the hurricane. Send me your email to Darryl Domino@yahoo.com and I'll keep you up todate. Can't wait to hear the results of our little test!
Old 01-18-2006, 07:25 PM

Last photo:

Darryl, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU. You came thru and I really appreciate it.

You tell me in the letter to GET A FLORESENT LIGHT, I think you need to post some sites that may explain what you mean. I know, but I am not sure everyone else will. I don't have one, I use other sources. But I am going to set one up as you tell me to. I have a video from a PDR kit we have at work so I do have a good idea of what it is about.

You did take a chance doing this, I hope it pays off for you. I personally will be doing my best to see that I know what I have learned properly before I say a damn thing about it.

Thanks again.

Guys,

I told you Darryl would come thru, I had a feeling. I recieved my four heads today with a DVD and some other info. I have not put it in the player, but I will after viewing.

I hope all who get this give it the attention it deserves and don't abuse the good trust Darryl gave us. This was HIGHLY unorthodox for him to send us these things and I hope you all respect it and don't give it a half assed try and knock the tool.

I will be reporting back as soon as I have something to report.

I did notice it isn't a 1/4" mandrel needed but a 5/16" or something. So making a mandrel may not be as easy as planned. But I am happy as hell with the tools, they are beautifully made and I will give it the respect it merrits.

Brian
Old 01-18-2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator2
Hey Cobra 66.
Is your call name derived from the old Shelby Cobra's? (My favorite of ALL cars)! Any way, the final Prototype kits are being sent to me as we speak. If everything is up to 'snuff' then I'll ok the shipment. It's coming from Taiwan (were almost all of todays tools are manufactured). It takes 3 weeks to cross the creak, and then 1 to 2 weeks in customs, and then shipped to me. Soooooo.. I'm still 6 to 8 weeks out on being able to send out tools. As far as sending out any more of the heads, I really don't want to get into that right now, I'm still cleaning up from the hurricane. Send me your email to Darryl Domino@yahoo.com and I'll keep you up todate. Can't wait to hear the results of our little test!
Darryl the email address "Domino@yahoo.com" keeps bouncing on me.

no the call name was my "call sign" from My Military Aviation days. Although I would kill for a Shelby Cobra.
I am interested in the tool. We restore 1-2 vintage Porsches a year and would really be interested in the product. By the time we get these 20-40 year old cars, they've had lots of areas that need tweaking. Keep me updated on the tools release date
Thanks
David
Old 01-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Owner of a broken cart

Last photo:

I think its an amazing concept and i think it will work, (in the proper hands).
Has anybody taken an old wore out flex hone to a body panel? It will move the metal.

I commend Daryl on putting his money wear his mouth is. I am very impressed.
So impressed, I would like to help fund your venture what little i can. Your passion is what sold me.(well, and the idea) You may not be the best speller, or seller in the world, but i probably would be saying the same things you are, if i had a grossly underated/misunderstood product that i strongly believed in.
I dont want any free products. I believe in these guys here, and i know they will give you/us, the honest truth.
When they are available, i will have me one.
PM me any details for funding this venture.
The world definately needs more PDR.

If this tool can get inside a fatboy tank and just half *** get the dent out, IM FREAKIN SOLD.

I wish you the best of luck Daryl, and really, regardless of the outcome of this trial, i will still be getting one for myself.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:30 AM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

Thanks guys. My email is darryldomino@yahoo.com and I can only get internet access some of the time. It's like living in "Teeawana" Like my spelling now? Anyway, if any one has any ideas on how I can show some of the 'stock' video on the net let me know. I simply can't stop right now to get to my Web Site guys. On the finance part. That's a possibility. We were gonna do this our selves, but it's takin on a life of it's own. The tool is already being shipped to Japan, Italy, France, China, and Spain. But, it's a big world, so how fast do I really want to go. But, I'm still interested in what you guys (that got the heads) are really gonna think! You have no trainning video, no light, probably no ear protection, no tap down tool, and the list goes on and on. So if you get the idea and agree in the 'concept' then that's what I want to hear. How do we get the 'original guys' that were viewing this to take a peak at our test results? Thanks again for your assistance in this and I still owe 2 more of you guys heads that sent envelopes, but please no more entries till later. See ya
Old 01-21-2006, 09:00 AM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

On the 'FAT BOY' thing.

It won't work in the tank, BUT...... It will work on the fenders!!! And no Paintless Dent Repair guy can make that claim! I am the only guy in my area (New Orleans) that messes with bikes, but I do a lot of gas tanks with PDR, but you can't do fenders, cause there's nothing to pry off of. With the Dominator you don't need to 'pry'. So I kinda got well known for doing bikes. I have PDR tools specifically designed to do 'Fat BoB' Tanks ONLY. I dig the chalange of working on the bikes. I'm kinda famous for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327amc
I think its an amazing concept and i think it will work, (in the proper hands).
Has anybody taken an old wore out flex hone to a body panel? It will move the metal.

I commend Daryl on putting his money wear his mouth is. I am very impressed.
So impressed, I would like to help fund your venture what little i can. Your passion is what sold me.(well, and the idea) You may not be the best speller, or seller in the world, but i probably would be saying the same things you are, if i had a grossly underated/misunderstood product that i strongly believed in.
I dont want any free products. I believe in these guys here, and i know they will give you/us, the honest truth.
When they are available, i will have me one.
PM me any details for funding this venture.
The world definately needs more PDR.

If this tool can get inside a fatboy tank and just half *** get the dent out, IM FREAKIN SOLD.

I wish you the best of luck Daryl, and really, regardless of the outcome of this trial, i will still be getting one for myself.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:08 AM

Last photo:

Darryl, I started a thread (click here) for talking about the tool.

I will email or call you with my problem with the DVD.

And THANKS again, I really appreciate it.

Brian
Old 02-24-2006, 04:10 PM

Whatever happened with this tool?. I saw Brian's post with some positive results, the Dominator webpage is down, and have been waiting to see if this thing is as great as it's advertised. Sounds like something I could use if it works
Thanks
David
Old 02-24-2006, 07:29 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra06
Whatever happened with this tool?. I saw Brian's post with some positive results, the Dominator webpage is down, and have been waiting to see if this thing is as great as it's advertised. Sounds like something I could use if it works
Thanks
David
I have been waiting to get the instructional DVD and light to proceed.

Brian
Old 03-15-2006, 05:29 AM

stretch job-

I am assuming you are stretching the metal Does it work harden fast.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:53 AM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Last photo:

I'm BAAAAACCCKKKK.

If any of you guys are still with me, I have just retuned from Germany.. There was a Tool convention that incompasses World attention. It by far is twice the size of anything here in the US. Before I got there, there was 'suits' waiting to talk to me on the tool. Turns out they're "X" Snap On tool execs, apperantly the 'TOP GUNS'. They have jumped on the tool with both hands. It appears they want to release in Europe first,(with trainning). This has not been accepted by me yet. I would like to get things going here first. Also, it appears that these Snap On guys have gotten hold of the tool a month ago and have passed it on to Diamler Chrysler. They have set up meetings with them this month, and I guess they're really interested. My manufacturer promised me 1,000 to 2,000 kits with in the next 45 to 60 days.
Brian, I will still send you a prototype tool here in the next day or two. Sorry for the long delay but as you can imagine things are hectic. I'll be checking in a little more regularly.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.